Note- please see this post for a link to the lastest, up-to-date, version of Z-base:
This is a very preliminary release of all the tournaments that I’ve processed up to this point in time. They’re essentially <CG> versions, corrected if necessary, and filled with stubs to get complete records. It’s intended for use by <Retireborn> and other “early adopters”. I thank all these brave souls in advance, and apologize for the inevitable mistakes lying in wait.
Using SCID I can match all the tournament leaderboards just from the PGN. This requires that missing results are reflected with stubs, and that playoffs are properly normalized as stand-alone tournaments (where the <ChessBase> and <365chess> convention is followed when possible).
Let’s put the link to the PGN out front: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4CTS_ohHuAobnQzWGhFUjh6eTQ
It consists of 608 games, with 14 “tournaments”, containing these events (where <CG> links are used if available):
- London (1851) (knockout)
- 1st American Congress (1857) (knockout)
- Paris (1867) (double RR, draws don’t count, not replayed)
- London (1862) (RR, draws don’t count, replayed)
- Dundee (1867) (RR, draws score 1/2 point)
- Baden-Baden (1870) (double RR)
- 2nd BCA Congress – London (1886) (RR)
So, in actually, we’re only dealing with 7 tournaments, although some have one or more playoffs.
- London (1851) – 3rd/4th place playoff, 5th/6th place playoff, 7th/8th place playoff
- 1st American Congress (1857) – 3rd/4th place playoff
- London (1862) – technical flaw in SCID due to lack of dates causes it to split in Tournament finder. But the xtab is correct.
- 2nd BCA Congress – 1st/2nd place playoff, 3rd/4th place playoff
Some of the <Paris (1867)> games need correcting (cf), but otherwise, I think this might just be the most accurate and complete PGN for these tournaments out there.